Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Spray Painting Video and Artwork

I was busy this week, cutting and spraying a new artwork.  The painting is based on a woodblock print of "The Great Wave of Kanagawa" by Japanese artist Hokusai. The painting took roughly 10 hours to complete, from design to cut to spray. I would have used acetate or mylar, but I ran out.  So, cheap brown Kraft paper was good enough for doing a minimal use stencil.


 If you like the work it's for sale at:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FuturePerfectArt

Side Note:
I came across the music of Jamie Smith recently with his remix of Gil Scott-Heron entitled "We're New Here."  The music used in this video is a Jamie Smith remix of Adele titled "Rolling in the Deep."  I tweaked it a bit, but I recommend that if you like it, you should check out both Adele and Jamie Smith's remixes.  I think he also does production work for the XX, a band which I'm still undecided about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...